Sunday, July 17, 2011

It was recently a good friend mine's birthday, so I made him a book.



Worked on that painting a little bit a couple weeks ago. 


I am going to make a book for my brother this week. His birthday is Friday. I decided
I want to compile a bunch of pictures from childhood and I came across this one. 


Fourth of July
great snuggle partner


Niece Haylie


From the farm, lots of thrift stores. This was a swimsuit from
the 50's or 60's.



Awesome dance party in the barn one night





Thrift store jump suit. 





Another great dance party.


Over time we learn ways to deal with ourselves and our feelings and emotions. 
The word process is an idea I have been thinking about
Learning a process for art can be just the same as learning
a process for dealing with sadness or any other 
overwhelming emotion.
Process involves working through an array of things to sort out
and organize and come to terms.
I stayed up very late, until about 5 or so in the morning working on 
a book for my friend who is moving.
I didn't bind it myself because I knew there would be many pages in it,
and I wanted him to be able to add things in the book as well.

Work station for the project.
I used a typewriter a lot, which I love.


I like to collect corks from champagne.


I found these drawings in a sketch book today. These were studies for 
that skull I made.



1 comment: