Saturday, June 11, 2011

Spring 2011 Semester Work (post 1 of 2)

I finally got around to photographing some work from this past semester.

This was the second to last project in a design class. I had to have 12 separate compositions but all work together as one seamless design. I had to use a shape used from a previous project and distort it and I could only use black and white. I made a box for these 12 pieces of 4x4 paper. I used old receipts on one side and folded the receipts into the shape and distorted the shape using receipts. I used glue and gesso. On the back side of the paper I distorted the image with ink and different washes of ink and pressed the pieces of paper together. I was trying to think through the concept of destruction and falling apart and how influential our surroundings are.































The following photos are from a sculpture class. We had to sculpt a skull from life in clay and then make a plaster mold and pour hydrocal into the mold. My skull looked nice in clay, however, when I was breaking open the plaster mold there were some malfunctions and a teacher helped, but made it worse by breaking the mold. After I poured the hydrocal and had my product I had to carve by hand the left side of the face. I decided after countless hours of working on this that I was very content with how it is.











The following photos are of my final project in that sculpture class. My asthma has been bad this year for some reason. I decided to make a sculpture of my lungs. I used hardware cloth and thread wire inside each lung. I wanted them to be bulky. I dripped plaster over the wire first. Then I melted wax and dripped layers of wax to create the mucus-y texture and weight.








For the following project I had make a landscape and show it in two ways, pointillist and lines. The image I used was something I found of the recent tsunami in Japan. For the composition only using lines I could only use two colors, however the pointillist composition had no limit on color options.




I will post the rest tomorrow, I am tired. I actually dislike being on the computer and I hardly get on unless I have to. Today was the first day in about a week that I have been on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment